Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Worthwhile Website

I would like to invite everyone to visit an excellent website... it is www.riders4helmets.com. Some very good information and statistics are offered on this site, as well as some very touching stories.

I am guilty of sacrificing safety for "looking cool," but after seeing a video about Olympic dressage rider, Courtney King Dye and her TBI (traumatic brain injury) I am going to try to be a better rider and wear a helmet. This is an unpredictable sport that we love. It doesn't matter if you are riding a green 2 year old or your 25 year old broodmare, anything can happen. Courtney's horse was walking and tripped and the fall was near fatal for the rider. She is still trying to learn to speak again.

Last weekend I rode at Union County Riding Club with a bunch of barrel racers. I DID wear my helmet and I DID get some looks, but some of the looks were from kids, so if I can set an example for them, I feel that I have done my part in spreading the message. Do your part... Use your Head.... Strap one On!

No comments:

Post a Comment